Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is relevant not only in areas with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones such as prolonging the length of fruit-bearing of greenhouse plants or year-round usage.
The Benefits of these glazing are all undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation can protect plants from early frosts.
- Double glass avoids sunburn over the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and consequently saves energy.
- Packages will not suffer from strong winds, rain or hail.
- masterseptika.ru The service life of glazing together with proper handling is over a couple of years.
- The aesthetic look of glazing allows you not to hide the greenhouse from the bathtub, and put in it even in the front lawn. Some owners of original shape greenhouses make them of the major decoration of the lawn or backyard.
In addition, manufacturers provide double-glazed dividers using a set of essential functions, such as special coatings for heating and energy saving, protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
Method of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with special vents for ventilation, that are outfitted with apparatus together with the use of automatic launching. This is very convenient, since not always the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse in time. As an instance, the French have been actively using only such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the present day. Rest assured: that a glass will become your servant for a long time to come.
- Glass does not keep UV rays, which are crucial for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, consequently allowing you to get the most out of the energy of sun.
- If you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, then this arrangement can withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the kind of large hail, intense heat and even strong frost will be no problem with the construction). Additionally, there’s an opportunity to put in heating devices in them.
Naturally, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that should be taken into account when constructing it. As an instance, the fact that glass is rather heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), has to impact the presence of a solid foundation, as well as the building of a strong structure – frame.
How to build a greenhouse from yourself
On a sunny day, the transparent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar power. It’s consumed by black surfaces (ground, equipment, plants), turns into long-wave radiation and stays within the structure. This transformation happens with the launch of heat, which creates a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows flawlessly allow the sun’s rays within the room and almost completely keep the rear radiation, not allowing it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass is the most heat-saving material, and this is one of the primary features of a great greenhouse.